Friday, December 3, 2010

25 Days of Christmas, Day 3

25 Days of Christmas, Day 3

Tonight, my parents hosted a family game night. All three of us sisters were there, as well as the two sons-in-law. Yummy grilled hamburgers and sausage dogs were on the menu-- and then we played some Catch Phrase and Phase 10. It was a lot of fun! (And it gave me a good chance to snap a photo of my parents' Christmas yard decor. Bonus! ;o))

Technical jabber: This is a layered image. The main layer is the house and lights in the yard. The secondary layer is a tangle of light trails (made by setting the camera for a longer exposure and moving it in circles while pointed at a lighted Christmas tree). Then there are a couple layers of colors (dark red, gold) that I fiddled around with to get the tone I wanted. (I'm sure there are other ways to get a similar effect, but I was apparently in a layers mood tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment